Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our Crazy Life

I feel like I have died in the blogging world! I haven't updated in forever, and yet I read everyone else's blogs and always check if you have updated yours that day or not! So, in the spirit of getting better I will post a gigantuous post of our lives these past few months.

August ended with a huge change in our lives, we left our wonderful apartment for hopes of finding a exceptional house. It was super hard leaving our first home! Even though we don't really miss the random alarm clocks throughout our building, and tons of kids always screaming, we miss our ward, our friends, and just being on our own. It was a lot of stress moving out because we decided to do it on the spur of the moment, and school started the same week we were moving. I would go to work, go to school, pack til really late, and do it over again! It was crazy, and I would never do it again :) Andy's parents, Scott and Tina, were kind enough to let us stay at their house until the deal on the house went through so that we wouldn't have to pay rent for nothing. However, we were mislead to how long this process would take!!! 2 1/2 months later.... we found our house!! We are so excited, and now we can say that this whole process was worth it, and most of you may think that 2 months is not that long, but it sure has been a learning experience living with other people, and we are glad that we are almost done. Dont get me wrong, Scott and Tina were SOOO hospitable and sweet. They even cooked every meal for us because Andy and I don't get home from school and work until late at night. They have been so awesome, but I cannot wait to get into our own home again!

Right after we moved in we went to Flaming Gorge for the last time this year, and it was a blast. You cant really tell, this was the boat parade. A bunch of people dress their boats in lights and they are awesome! Then everyone with boats goes into the middle of the lake and watches the boat parade! It is a lot of fun. School was the next big task to be accomplished, Andy and I are in school full time, and working full time. It has been a crazy couple of months. Now you can see why I found blogging to be somewhat difficult! Andy graduates in May with his Business Management degree from the University of Utah, and I just started student teaching! It has been a lot of fun. But I think it is safe to say that I am the only one who fully enjoys everything about school right now!

September went by in a haze, and I truthfully do not remember much that happened that month, I do remember that we both were sick, it was a hard month for us. October was just great. I think we got used to living with the parents, and everything was just great. Jayni, Jake, and I canned applesauce from free apples! They were, however, pretty gross so we had to cut them into tiny pieces to get all of the nasty crap out but that is what you get when they are free! Then Jayni and Jake hosted a Halloween party at their new house for our family. It was so much fun! However, Andy, Elly, Toby, and Annie were the only ones to dress up! Slackers..... :)

Toby, Annie, and Elly

Andrew, Elly, Annie, and Andy

Jake, Elly, Jayni, and Toby

Sayuri, Jee Won, Tina, and Justin


Andy and I dressed up as Guitar Heros but Andy had to take off his wig and makeup because Toby thought it was scary :) Elly was a Southern Bell and Toby was a cute little pumpkin!
The actual Halloween day was fun too. We had to dress up for work, and then we had a haunted scavenger hunt that Rebecca put on and it was sooo fun. Every year she puts on a great scavenger hunt with tons of clues all over the Salt Lake valley. We look forward to this ALL year long! We get into groups and whoever finishes first gets a prize. This years theme was Haunted Murders. It was so scary! I made Andy go inside all of the scary places because there was absolutely no blasted way I was going down into some crazy haunted cellar in the middle of the forest! Andy was only really scared once, and it was at the end. The next clue was inside of a coffin in the middle of a field and Andy had kicked the coffin and it was empty so he opened the lid and one of Rebecca's daughters dropped a figure on fishing line out of the tree and I have never heard him scream so loud in his life! It was hilarious. What a fun night! Here are some pictures:


Annie, Abbie, and Krista

We hid Krista's purse and made her go on a Scavenger Hunt for it, as you can see, she was a little lost at this point :) Scott the Mafia guy trying to sneak inside the pass through box at work

So, we had a little too much fun on Halloween, and it was a great day! As of now, I just started student teaching 5th graders at Draper Elementary and I love it! I taught my first lesson on Roanoke and Jamestown and it turned out 100% better than I thought it would and I am looking forward to the next two weeks. My students are sooo funny and I just love teaching them.

Abbie got engaged on Saturday while we were working! Jordan (her fiance) had random people put ring pops with cute sayings on them through the drive-up tubes and each one came one at a time and at the end he was behind her with beautiful flowers and her ring. It was so cute and so much fun for me and Krista to be there. Here are pictures of that:

Finally, info about our awesome, wonderful, perfect house! We are so excited. Our offer was accepted, financing was great, and now we are just waiting for the inspection and then we will close! We understand that inspection could change the fact if we move into this particular house right now or not, but it is a brand new house, never been lived in, so we are pretty hopeful. We cannot wait! The things we love about our house are the size of it, the location, the neighborhood, the fact that it is on a cul-de-sac circle, the fact that it is overlooking the lake and the mountains, and that it has never been lived in! We already have 7 bedrooms finished, and an unfinished basement, so we would never have to make any more rooms downstairs! It is just a wonderful house and we feel so blessed to finally see a light at the end of this long road! Here are just a few pictures:
This is the upstairs. There are four identical bedrooms, 2 behind me, and 2 on the other end, and then this upstairs family room and straight ahead is another bathroom.This is the front door and living room. The stairs to the top floor are on the left.

This is our kitchen! I love that it leads into the family room! The garage and laundry room are through that door on the left.

This is half of our unfinished basement

So finally it seems our life is going to be back to normal and we again get to change new wards, new neighborhoods, and start a new life! We are so excited!

2 comments:

Matt and Serenity Stewart said...

It looks like you have had a good past couple of months. Your house looks really cute! I am so jealous. Matt and I will have to come and visit you sometime. :) I SO get you on living with the in laws. Its nice cuz no rent but its tough sharing a bathroom. I love you tons. And I miss you like crazy.

The Hammer said...

hey annie, i totally found your blog via lucy's blog. hello